Mission

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Abby Stocking Dorothy's PantryGardens Presbyterian Church may be a small church, but it has a BIG heart for mission!  Gardens enthusiastically supports programs in our community such as Program REACH at Pat Reeves Village and local food pantries as well as international missions including sponsorship of beds in a hospital in Malawi, disaster relief in Haiti and Chile, and other national programs through PCUSA.

Current Missions

RSCN0083

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The REACH Shelter in West Palm Beach from the Deacons:

  • Gardens Presbyterian Church provides non-perishable food items, clothing and household items for the families at Program REACH at Pat Reeves Village. During Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas we provide holiday dinners for each family at the shelter.
  • The Deacons collect Christmas gifts for the children at the shelter as well as provide a new backpack filled with back to school supplies at the beginning of each school year.

Our 2 Cents a Meal Offering on the 4th Sunday of the month goes to the following:

  • C.R.O.S. (Christians Reaching Out to Society) Food Pantry in West Palm Beach
  • Feeding South Florida
  • Dorothy’s Pantry at the REACH Shelter

Presbyterian Women’s Sew-N-Sew Group

  • All monies collected from the sale of their handmade items goes to our Presbyterian Missionary, Dr. Barbra Nagy at the Mulanje Mission Hospital, in Malawi, South Africa.

Sponsored by the Presbyterian Church U.S.A.

  • One Great Hour of Sharing, Palm Sunday This offering is divided among three agencies – Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, Presbyterian Hunger Program and Self Development of People.
  • Peacemaking Offering in October 75% of this offering goes to Presbytery and General Assembly for Peacemaking efforts in South Florida and worldwide.   Our church decides where the other 25% shall be given, and this year funds were sent to El Sol in Jupiter.
  • Christmas Joy Offering 100% of this amount is divided between the Board of Pensions Assistance Program and the Presbyterian Racial Ethnic School.
  • Presbyterian Disaster Assistance-Haitian Earthquake Relief and Chile Earthquake Relief.
  • We sponsored our Presbyterian Missionary, Dr. Barbara Nagy, at the Mulanje Mission Hospital, in Malawi, South Africa.
  • Our “Fair Share” mission giving which we pledge each year to the Presbytery of Tropical Florida for mission work within the Presbytery.